Freebies Image Map Facebook Email Instagram Pinterest Teachers Pay Teachers Bloglovin'

Thursday, August 7, 2014

Old School Problems & A FREEBIE

Is there something in your classroom that drives you crazy, something that you just can't stand?  I do puffy heart love my home in room 103 and truly enjoy getting my classroom ready, however one thing I can't stomach is looking at the chalkboards in my classroom which are circa the 70s...you heard me folks...I said "CHALKBOARDS"...yep, they still exist.  Don't be too jealous now, but my chalkboards are fashioning a baby poo green color.  I struggle every year with how do I cover them and what do I cover them with to last the whole year with the tempting hands of six and seven year olds?  I'm almost certain I'm not permitted to paint them.  I wish I could wave a magic wand and make white boards take their place...so I resorted to covering them with black butcher paper until I can find a permit fix that administration will go for.  Any suggestions??
 
Before


After {and still needing border}
 

 
Still covering... 
I'm super happy with the sweet love that I've been getting at my TpT store, so I created a little freebie as a thank you!  These tags will be added to a pack of sugarfree gum and placed on the desks for "Meet Your Teacher Night."  Click pictures to grab your freebie!
 
http://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/Back-to-School-Wel-GUM-tags-1378657
http://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/Back-to-School-Wel-GUM-tags-1378657
 
Happy Teaching! ~Diary of a First Grade Teacher
 
 
 

1 comment:

  1. I bought Dry Erase Contact paper from Amazon to cover up my chalkboard that looks like yours.

    ReplyDelete